Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day.

On this Memorial Day we should all take a moment to be grateful for all that our military do for us. Whether it be fallen heroes, vets, active duty, retired, reserves, whoever. You may or may not believe in what we are fighting for , but you should always believe in who is doing the fighting.
This weekend, we attend 2 going away/deployment cookouts for a friend of ours. Matt is in the reserves and has been called up to go to Iraq for 18 months. We will all miss him and offer all of our support for him, his wife Leah, and daughter Sofia. Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.

The cookouts were a blast! I have a chair that I take with me that is very lightweight and is easy for me to get in and out of. It also has a little fold out table on the side. My parents got it for me a couple of years ago and it has become a staple in my social life. I am able to take this chair to peoples houses or to parks and not have to worry about not having a seat that I can get up and down from. I saves me from tons of anxiety when invited places.

Courtney went to the cookout on Saturday as it was a family thing. She had an absolute blast! She got to play on a nice big swing set and there were lots of boys and girls for her to play with. We were there until 9pm and that was the latest she had ever been out! She kept running up to me and saying "it dark outside mom".

The cookout on Sunday was an adult only get together. That was tons of fun! The friends house we were at always offer up a good time! The one thing I am most excited about is I got to get in the hot tub and relax! I was so stoked that I was able to get in and out. It took 3 people to help, but we made it work! It was great! Well that's all I have for now. Here's a few pics of court playing at the cookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment