Saturday, May 16, 2009

I hope you dance

WHEW! it has been a long day. We just got home at around 1045pm. Courtney was sooo freaking adorable and did such a good job. I will post a pic or two once I find my camera cord.
Tim was the best man and did such a wonderfull job. I was so proud of him. He did very well on the speech and ad libed really well. Everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Now, since this is a blog about my day to day life with Pompe, let me tell you the challenges I faced today. We arrived at the church and the Bride and half the bridesmaids had not arrived yet. After I got Court dressed I had to keep her occupied and within my sight longer than I had planned on having to. For the average person, not really a problem but for me, pretty dang tough.
The seats in the church were very low so I knew once I sat down, I would be down till the end. Threre would be no jumping up to chase the kid. Thankfully Mom and Dad were there to help.
When It was time to head to the reception, it was POURING! Not being able to run meant I got wetter than I would have had I been able to run to the car.
The reception hall was on the 2nd floor. There were no elevators so I had to climb 2 flights of stairs. The design of the stairwell, witch was pretty narrow with rail on both side, made it easier for me to get up than I had expected. The seats were your standard folding chair height. I sat mostly but was able to get up fairly easily as long as I took my shows off to grip the floor with my feet and "launch" myself up. The part that got to me the most tonight was not being able to dance. I love to dance. 2-3 years ago I would have been cha-cha-sliding with the best of them! I had to sit and watch everyone dance and tap my foot. There were times when i imagined myself out there dancing but than snaped back into releaity. I did manage half a song slow dance with my husband and that was nice. So when your friend, husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend, anyone, asks you to dance, get up and dance. You never know what the future holds and when you may not have the option.

No comments:

Post a Comment