Sunday, May 17, 2009

You are not alone. I am not alone.

A friend from high school whom I just recently regained contact with through face book, so graciously shared a story with me ( actually us) via a comment on a previous post. She reminded me of one of the main reasons why I wanted to start this blog. To let other young people, especially young mothers know, WE ARE NOT ALONE. I AM NOT ALONE.
For a while now I have been all over the Internet looking for support groups or something for young mothers with a disability. I have been unable to find anything really. It seems to me as if it is treated as a Taboo or something. I wanted to share my experiences so that when another young person out there finds them self feeling alone, they can do a web search and find me! I know I am only one person but if I have to live with this disease at least I can advocate to others that it can be done. Thank you LauraLee for sharing and I hope you do not mind me calling you out!

2 comments:

  1. That is really nice of you to do. Not only will it help you, but it may help others. I think you're a brave, strong, loving woman and don't forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a pioneer and your husband and daughter are blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete